At First Baptist Owasso we believe in helping families build God-honoring, life-long marriages. A wedding ceremony will last a few short minutes, but a healthy marriage lasts a lifetime. We want to help you start your marriage strong. The steps you take leading up to your wedding ceremony and the vows you make to one another set the tone for the future of your marriage.
Scripture teaches that God should be at the center of all our relationships, especially our relationship with our spouse. God should be number one in our life while we are becoming one with our spouse. The closer you and your spouse grow to God the deeper and more intimate your relationship with one another will truly be. A wedding ceremony is a moment in time that changes all other moments after it. You and your spouse will stand before your friends and family to make a promise to one another and to God.
We’ve put together this booklet to help you understand how First Baptist Owasso can best serve you as you plan your Wedding Ceremony, Rehearsal Dinner and Reception.
We look forward to standing with you as you take your next exciting step of faith and join your life and family with your Beloved.
- SELECT the preferred date and time of your Wedding Ceremony, Rehearsal Dinner and Reception.
- SUBMIT your Wedding Request Form to the Church Office.
- Your Wedding Coordinator will call to SCHEDULE an appointment with you to discuss details.
There’s always something happening at First Baptist Owasso. The earlier you submit your Wedding Request Form the more likely you are to receive your preferred date and time. It is recommended that you complete this no later than 4 months before your Wedding Ceremony.
Your FBCO Wedding Coordinator
Think of the Wedding Coordinator as your personal assistant and information specialist regarding your Wedding Ceremony, Rehearsal Dinner and Reception at First Baptist Owasso. They provide direction and assistance for everything related to your partnership with FBCO as you plan your wedding. Your Wedding Coordinator will:
- Answer Questions — about how FBCO can assist with your Wedding Ceremony, Rehearsal Dinner and Reception.
- Coordinate Personnel — every FBCO staff member or volunteer necessary to make your wedding a success will be contacted and managed by your Wedding Coordinator.
- Coordinate Resources — from tables and chairs to sound and lights and everything else FBCO has to offer, your Wedding Coordinator will make certain everything is in place and just right for your special day.
Your FBCO Wedding Coordinator specializes in all the details that affect your interaction with the people and resources of FBCO. You are responsible for coordinating clergy, musicians, decorations, florists, photographers, transportation, housing, outside catering and any other services or resources FBCO is not equipped to provide.
Wedding Guidelines, Request Form and Information Sheet are also available in the Church Office. The files below are in the Adobe PDF format.
- Wedding Guidelines
- Wedding Request Form
- Wedding Information Sheet – for use with the Wedding Coordinator