- Read the Bible – One chapter – today, it’s John 6.
- Pray Scripture – As I read, ask God to give me uncommon wisdom, discernment and understanding regarding His Word, His world, His people and my place in His plan. Ask God to bring His Word alive in me.
- Memorize and Meditate on One Verse – John 6:68, “But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.”
- Add value to one person who can do nothing for me in return.
- Strengths Weaknesses – In my giftedness work on my strengths. In my choices work on my weaknesses. One of my strengths is strategic thinking. Today, I’ll work on part of a plan that will help organize how the people of our church work together to bring to life the vision God has given us. When it comes to choices, one of my weaknesses is attitude. I tend to lean naturally toward melancholy. I get uptight over deadlines, things that don’t work right, and having too many irons in the fire. I’ll try to relax. I’ll try to choose joy. There’s no question, I am incredibly blessed – I’ll try to act like it and enjoy it!
John Maxwell, says the key to success in anything is doing the right thing everyday, not all day, everyday. Godliness is the evidence of God in you. It’s not about being perfect. It’s about growing deeper in relationship and similarity to the one who is perfect.
Habitual godliness is a choice you can make today. What are your 5 things?